Overnight Cooking Mishap at Phoenix View Apartments
By WatchDesk
June 26, 2024

At 2:07 AM, our department and first-alarm mutual aid companies were alerted for an apartment building fire at the Phoenix View Apartments on Nutt Road. The caller reported alarm bells sounding with smoke in the building on the top floor.

Deputy 65 and Engine 65 responded to the incident. Firefighters arrived to find the source of the smoke to be from a cooking fire which was now out. The incident was scaled back with all mutual aid units being recalled with the exception of the squad from UPT Fire & Emergency Services. Firefighters removed the range and above-range microwave and cut a small hole in the wall to be certain that no fire had extended into the wall. Positive-pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the hallway and apartments.

Crews cleared the scene after about 25 minutes.

Units: Chief 65, Deputy 65, Engine 65
Mutual Aid: Black Rock Vol Fire Co, UPT Fire & Emergency Services, TowerDirect EMS