|Morning Gas Leak Downtown|
|June 8, 2022|
Shortly after 9 AM, our department was dispatched for an odor of gas outside on the 200 block of Bridge Street. The crew from Rescue 65 arrived to investigate and found high levels of natural gas inside a restaurant. The building was evacuated and gas service to the building was turned off. PECO was contacted to respond to the scene. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear gas from the building. Crews used gas meters to check the area and adjacent buildings until PECO arrived.
An ambulance from West End and engine from UPT Fire & Emergency Services were requested to assist at the scene.
Fire and EMS units cleared the scene after about an hour.
|Units:||Chief 65, Engine 65-2, Ladder 65, Rescue 65|
|Mutual Aid:||Montco Engine 68, MICU 67|