Early Afternoon Cooking Fire
By WatchDesk
July 18, 2022

At 1:22 PM, our department and first-alarm mutual aid companies were alerted for an apartment fire on Sixth Avenue. A neighbor reported smoke coming from an apartment and unsure if anyone was home.

Chief 65 arrived to find nothing showing from the exterior of the building. Interior crews found a heavy smoke condition in the apartment, caused by unattended cooking. The fire was contained to the stovetop Thermal imaging cameras were used to assist in confirming that no fire had extended into the walls or ceiling. The assignment was scaled back and some of the mutual aid units were recalled. Positive pressure ventilation was used to clear smoke from the building and apartment.

Crews cleared the scene in under an hour.

Units: Chief 65, Deputy 65, Ladder 65, Rescue 65
Mutual Aid: Berwyn Fire Company, Kimberton Fire Company, Liberty Steam Fire Company, Upper Providence Fire & Emergency Services, & Trappe EMS - Phoenixville Division