Part of moving to our new fire station on Paradise Street included decommissioning our old station on Church Street. This short ceremony included remarks by Mayor Peter Urscheler and PFD Historian David B. Meadows, and the ringing of a bell 14 times - once for each decade the Church Street property was used as a fire station. The U.S. flag was lowered, folded, and taken to our new station. The flag was raised to begin the New PXV Fire Station Dedication Ceremony. These ceremonies took place on August 20th.
This Church Street property was purchased by Phoenix Hose, Hook & Ladder Co., No1 in June of 1881 from Kimberton farmer John Detwiler. At that time, Church Street was nothing more than a short dirt lane off of Main Street. The property contained two stick frame houses fronting Prospect Street and an old frame building to the rear, nearer to what is now Church Street. The frame building was modified to be the fire station and completed in 1882. This new hose house was dedicated on June 17, 1882 with the Fairmount Hook & Ladder Co. of Norristown housing our apparatus. Other companies participating were Liberty Steam of Spring City, Empire of Pottstown, Washington of Conshohocken, and First West Chester & Fame of West Chester.
The present-day building on Church Street was built in 1900/1901 and served the borough for 121 years.