CO Incident on Church Street
By WatchDesk
August 22, 2023

At 8:40 PM, our department and TowerDirect EMS were alerted for a Carbon Monoxide (CO) Incident in the 100 block of Church Street. The caller reported multiple CO alarms were sounding.

Engine 65-1 and MICU 65-1 responded on the assignment. Crews arrived to find very high CO levels inside a three-unit rowhome and ensured all units had been evacuated. Rescue 65 was requested to the scene for additional personnel and equipment. The investigation determined the center unit was unoccupied and under construction, a generator had been running in the unit earlier in the day. Fans were used to clear CO from the building. Meters were used throughout and to confirm a return to safe and normal air levels. No occupants required treatment by EMS.

Our personnel cleared the scene after about an hour.

Units: Engine 65-1, MICU 65-1