|House Fire Reported in Charlestown Hunt
|January 18, 2024
At 12:43 PM, our department was alerted for Ladder 65 to assist Kimberton Fire Company with a house fire on Lewisville Court in the Charlestown Hunt development. The caller reported seeing smoke on the second floor with smoke alarms sounding and an electrical odor.
Chief 65 arrived to find no smoke or fire showing from the front of the townhouse. Firefighters encountered a smoke condition in the residence and found a tripped circuit breaker. A hose line was stretched to the front door but ended up not being needed. Further investigation revealed a portable dehumidifier had burned up. The dehumidifier was removed and fans were used to remove smoke from the residence.
|Chief 65, Ladder 65